This document, which is a full fix for the issue with copy paste not working on Windows 10 PC, has been made available by Microsoft.
The “my copy and paste is not working windows 10” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft released an update to fix the issue.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has dived deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialize in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
This page was last updated on November 16, 2021.
Date published: June 2020
- You won’t be able to accomplish any text-related job in Windows 10 if the simple copy-paste technique doesn’t function.
- This might be due to a number of factors, including an issue with your antivirus program.
- Make sure your Windows 10 system is up to date, since this might potentially create this issue.
- You may also consider investing in specialist clipboard software for these purposes.
Do you have a lot of copy and paste problems? Here’s the most effective solution: The finest tool for managing your copy/cut/paste activities is Comfort Clipboard. Get a complete picture of your clipboard activities and manage them without losing any information. This powerful tool can do the following:
Get the finest tool for managing your copy/cut/paste operations.
Right now, you may download
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Copying and pasting are two of the most fundamental tasks in Windows, and they’ve been there from the beginning. However, for some reason, people are reporting that they can’t copy and paste in Windows 10.
Your antivirus program might be one of the causes of this issue. Disable antivirus features or turn off your antivirus totally to solve the issue.
Users have also complained about being unable to copy-paste in Excel, Microsoft Word, Autocad, Remote Desktop, and VMware. And, in most cases, a specific plugin or functionality is to blame.
If you’re having trouble with any of the above, we’ve put up a list of tried-and-true remedies for you to try. Make sure you follow the instructions in the order that we’ve listed them.
What can I do if I’m having problems copying and pasting on Windows 10?
1. Check to see whether Windows 10 is up to date.
- To access the Settings app, press Windows Key + I.
- Go to the section Update & Security.
- Check for updates by clicking the Check for updates button.
Windows will now look for and download available updates in the background.
The updates will be installed as soon as you restart your computer once they have been downloaded. The issue with copy-paste should be rectified once your system is up to date.
If you’re experiencing difficulties launching the Settings app, there are a few actions you can do to solve it.
2. Use the Check Disk software to examine your hard drive.
- Right-click your hard disk in This PC.
- From the menu, choose Properties.
- To check your hard drive for issues, navigate to the Tools tab in the Properties Window and select the Check button under the Error checking section.
- You may also run Check Disk from the Command Prompt.
- To access the Win + X menu, press Windows Key + X.
- Choose Command Prompt (Administrator) or Powershell (Administrator) from the options.
- Enter the command chkdsk X: /f when Command Prompt appears. Make sure the X stands for the letter of your system drive. That should be C by default.
- You’ll be prompted to make an appointment for a scan. To do so, press Y.
A chkdsk scan will begin once you restart your computer, and it will repair any damaged files. Check whether the issue persists after your files have been repaired.
Check your antivirus first if you’re having problems entering Command Prompt as an administrator.
3. Turn off the computer To a Bluetooth add-on, send a message.
This add-on is commonly connected with Microsoft Office and may be found in the Add-ons area of the Office product. You may need to look for the Send to Bluetooth add-on in each installed Office program and deactivate it.
Copy/paste functions should operate properly after deactivating this add-on from all Office tools.
4. Start the rdpclip.exe program.
- To open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Go to the Details tab in Task Manager after it has opened.
- Right-click the rdpclicp.exe process and choose properties.
- From the menu, choose Finish Task.
You must now go to the Windows/system32 folder. rdpclip.exe should be found there. Simply run it to check whether the problem has been repaired.
If it doesn’t start automatically, you’ll have to run it manually each time you start Windows 10. You may also put it in the Startup folder, and it will run every time Windows 10 begins.
Don’t worry if you can’t open Task Manager; we’ve got the proper answer for you.
5. Restart your computer.
Many customers have claimed that their PC’s copy-paste function isn’t working, and the quickest method to solve it, they say, is to restart it.
You may log out from your user account, wait a few seconds, and then log back in if you don’t want to restart your computer.
Remember that this is merely a workaround, so you’ll have to do it again anytime the problem arises.
6. Turn off the shared clipboard option in Virtualbox.
If you wish to run a virtual machine on your PC, Virtualbox is a terrific tool to use, but certain capabilities might create problems with your system.
According to users, Virtualbox’s Shared clipboard function might create problems with your PC’s copy-paste capability, and the only way to repair it is to deactivate it in Virtualbox.
The problem should be rectified after you deactivate this functionality, and you’ll be able to utilize the copy-paste function once again.
7. Disable Skype’s Click to Call feature.
The copy-paste function on your PC may not work owing to the Skype Click to Call plugin, according to users. This is a simple browser plugin that enables you to call someone on Skype by just clicking on a phone number in your browser.
It is recommended that you delete this plugin from your browser to resolve the issue. You should be able to copy and paste without any problems after the addon has been deleted.
If you’re having trouble uninstalling Skype Click to Call, follow our step-by-step instructions and you’ll be done in no time.
8. Make a new account for yourself.
- Go to the Accounts area of the Settings app.
- Go to Family & Other People in the left pane.
- Select Add someone else to this PC in the right pane.
- Choose This person’s sign-in information is not in my possession.
- Select You may add a user who does not have a Microsoft account.
- Click Next after entering the desired user name.
Switch to a new account once you’ve created one and see whether the issue persists. If the problem persists, you’ll need to transfer your personal data to the new account and begin using it instead of the old one.
9. Double-check your antivirus software.
It’s critical to have strong antivirus software, but it’s also possible that your antivirus is causing this issue. To resolve the problem, deactivate specific antivirus functions and see if it helps. If it doesn’t work, you’ll have to turn off your antivirus completely.
We have a separate instruction for Norton users on how to totally remove it from your computer. A similar advice is also available for McAffe users.
If you’re using an antivirus program and want to thoroughly remove it from your computer, take a look at our incredible selection of the finest uninstaller software available right now.
Several people claimed that deleting their antivirus program fixed the copy-paste issue for them. If deleting the antivirus resolves the issue, you should try switching to a different antivirus.
If you’re seeking for a better antivirus, here’s a great list of our top recommendations.
How to effectively copy-paste with the clipboard app
The clipboard app in Windows 10 is one of the most useful office tools available. You copy a file, text, link, or other item into a clipboard when you use the copy command or shortcut (Ctrl + C) on it.
You may then use the command or the Ctrl + V shortcut to paste it. It became common knowledge, as everyone knows.
But what if we told you that you could quickly retrieve all of the files you’ve lately copied? Simply use the Windows key + V shortcut to bring up a window similar to the one seen below.
You’ll be able to retrieve up to 25 of the most recent copy activities you completed earlier this manner. You may also use the three horizontal dots to pick the Delete, Pin, and Clear all actions for each.
So, if you have additional paragraphs, links, photos, or anything else you need to copy separately from a site, you may do so first and then go to the destination and paste them from the list.
It might be frustrating not to be able to copy and paste, but we hope you were able to resolve the problem using one of our methods.
Please don’t hesitate to give any more recommendations or queries in the comments area below.
10. Make use of a third-party program
Comfort Clipboard Pro is a fantastic clipboard manager that will have you copying and pasting text editing jobs in no time.
You may modify any text fragment, change the color, or assign a hotkey to quickly paste the snippet. If you’re concerned about security, you may use this tool to give any fragment a display name that masks its contents.
This program also includes a History option that enables you to review what you’ve copied before. It allows you to alter text fragments, select them, and assign a hotkey to them, as well as having color codes.
Another useful feature is the ability to drag and drop items from the clipboard dashboard right into the text you’re working on. This fantastic tool has a cost, but there is also a free version available at the URL below.
Comfort Clipboard Pro is a great option if you need a more sophisticated clipboard manager. It keeps your clipboard history for as long as you wish, and it stores 500 things by default. You may raise or lower this limit.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you? 2
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are two responses to this post.
Watch This Video-
The “how to fix copy and paste windows 10 without restarting” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released an update to fix the issue.
- how to fix copy and paste not working
- copy paste not working windows 10 remote desktop
- how to enable copy and paste in windows 10
- windows 11 copy paste not working
- unable to copy/paste in windows 7