Mozilla Thunderbird is known for its flexibility, which makes it compatible with many different operating systems. Unfortunately, the email client has a hard time opening in Windows 10. Our solution will show you how to fully fix this issue using three simple steps
The “mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 10” is a problem that has been present for a while. Mozilla has released a fix to the problem.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has dived deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialize in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
28th of October, 2021
Publish date: July 2020
- Thunderbird is a fantastic email client, but it sometimes refuses to launch on a Windows PC.
- Some suggestions that may assist you include starting it in Safe Mode or reinstalling it.
- We go through each step of each solution in detail, so make sure you read the whole instructions below to securely resolve this issue.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the most popular email clients on the market, accessible on a variety of platforms and used for a variety of purposes including email, RSS feeds, and much more. What’s even better? It’s an open-source initiative.
Despite the fact that this email client is constantly updated and well-coded, users are having a variety of problems with it.
One is crucial, and it has to do with unexpected crashes after startup. For this reason, we’ve created a simple yet effective solution that should assist you in resolving the issue.
When Mozilla Thunderbird refuses to open on Windows, what can I do?
Although Thunderbird is a good email client, many users have claimed that it won’t open on their computers. This might be a problem. In the case of Thunderbird, users have reported the following issues:
- Thunderbird isn’t responding — A lot of people have complained that Thunderbird isn’t responding at all. This might be caused by your Thunderbird profile, however removing the parent.lock file would solve the problem.
- Thunderbird won’t start in Safe Mode due to a missing profile – These Thunderbird problems may affect any version of Windows, but even if you don’t have Windows 10, you should know that most of our remedies work on Windows 8.1 and 7.
- Thunderbird will not start up if it is currently running — If you get this error notice, open Task Manager and close all instances of Thunderbird. After that, try starting the program again.
- Thunderbird will not start – Many users have complained that Thunderbird would not start at all on their computers. This may be an issue, but you can easily repair it by switching to Safe Mode in Thunderbird.
- After a crash, Thunderbird will not start — If your Thunderbird profile has been damaged as a result of a crash, consider reinstalling the program.
1. Remove the parent.lock file from your computer.
- Mozilla Thunderbird should be closed.
- Open Task Manager by right-clicking on the Taskbar.
- Find and terminate all Thunderbird-related processes under Processes.
- To access the Run command, press Windows key + R.
- In the command line, type percent appdata percent and hit Enter.
- Go to the Thunderbird profile folder and open it.
- Locate and remove the parent.lock file. It’s possible that you’ll require administrative clearance to do so.
- Relaunch Thunderbird. It should now work without any issues.
These methods should help fix any problems with your Thunderbird user profile if it has been damaged.
2. Install Thunderbird again.
Thunderbird may not open if your installation is broken, according to users. This may be a major issue, but reinstalling Thunderbird is one of the most straightforward solutions. You can do it in a few different ways, including directly from the Settings app.
To remove Thunderbird, we suggest using specialized software. Uninstalling through the UI or the settings program might sometimes leave undesirable files behind.
These files will not only take up unnecessary space on your PC, but they may also prohibit you from reinstalling the software, resulting in a slew of system issues.
This is why we recommend that you research the finest uninstaller software and choose your best option. They’re designed to get rid of difficult applications as well as remaining data.
Furthermore, many of them come with extra PC optimization tools that keep your system clean and running smoothly.
3. Switch to Safe Mode on Windows.
- To access the Settings app, press Windows Key + I.
- Go to the section Update & Security.
- Select Recovery from the left pane. In the Advanced starting area of the right pane, click Restart now.
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart from the Troubleshoot menu.
- When your computer restarts, you’ll be given a menu of alternatives. To enter Safe Mode with Networking, press F5 or 5.
Try running Thunderbird again after starting Windows in Safe Mode. If the problem persists, try starting Thunderbird in Safe Mode to see if that helps.
4. Launch Thunderbird in Protected Mode.
- To open the Run command, press Windows + R.
- Press Enter after typing thunderbird -safe-mode.
To launch Thunderbird in Safe Mode in a more user-friendly manner, just find the Thunderbird shortcut, hit and hold the Shift key, and start the program.
A new window will popup as a result of this. To launch Thunderbird in Safe Mode, just click Continue. If the problem does not show, it is likely that your add-ons or toolbars are to blame.
Repeat the procedure, but this time choose Disable all add-ons and Reset toolbars and controls to permanently resolve the issue. Now click the Restart and Make Changes button.
If the problem is caused by your settings or third-party add-ons, this is beneficial. Thunderbird supports a variety of add-ons that extend its capability, however certain add-ons might cause your system to malfunction and prevent you from launching Thunderbird.
5. Restart and reset your modem if necessary.
Several people stated that rebooting their modem cured the problem with Thunderbird. This is really straightforward, and all you have to do is push the Power button on your modem, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
Check whether the issue persists after your modem has been restarted. If the problem continues, your modem must be reset. Simply press and hold the concealed Reset button for a few seconds to do this. We recommend consulting your modem’s instruction manual for further information on how to reset it.
If the problem is fixed after resetting your modem, you may need to re-configure your wireless connection and other settings.
6. Make an attempt to use the portable version.
If Mozilla Thunderbird refuses to launch on your computer, the problem might be connected to its setup. Users recommend downloading and running the portable version of Thunderbird as a solution.
This version does not need installation and does not contribute any data to the registry, thus it will not be harmed by the prior Thunderbird installation.
Run the portable version once you’ve downloaded it to see whether it addresses your issue. If the problem persists, you may need to switch to the Portable version until the issue is resolved.
7. Think about moving to a different email program.
If the last method failed to resolve the issue with Thunderbird, now is a good time to consider switching to another email client.
There are many excellent email programs available, however we suggest Mailbird if you want something comparable to Thunderbird.
Mailbird is one of the top software solutions on the market because of its smooth interaction with other email clients like Gmail and Outlook.
You can quickly import complex schedules from your calendar, as well as contacts from other third-party applications, so you don’t have to worry about data compatibility.
By now, your email client should be up and running. However, please utilize the comments area below if you have any questions or thoughts about the topic!
Read our articles in the Thunderbird area to learn how to repair other difficulties with this email client. Our Email Hub has even more helpful information for various email clients.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you? 1
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “thunderbird not responding windows 10 2021” is a problem that has been present for a while. Mozilla has released a fix to the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is wrong with Thunderbird mail?
How do I repair Mozilla Thunderbird?
A: You can try to fix it by using the Repair option in your programs. Check out https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-repair-mozilla%25C2%25B8s Thunderbird for more information on how to do this!
Will Thunderbird work with Windows 10?
A: It is compatible with Windows 10, but it has not been tested on this version of the operating system.
- repair thunderbird
- thunderbird not working
- how to open thunderbird in safe mode
- reinstall thunderbird
- thunderbird hacks