PCmover Ultimate is a simple, but powerful tool for moving and managing your computer files. It has many advanced features like unhiding hidden drives. PCMover Professional offers more options for file management with detailed reports about what needs to be done
PCmover is a PC migration tool that allows users to migrate their files, settings and apps from an old computer to a new one. The “pcmover professional” is the paid version of this software.
After using our computers for a while, we all gather a variety of files. Sorting through these files and transferring the crucial ones to the new computer isn’t easy when you obtain a new computer. Your best choice is to use a third-party solution that can help you migrate data from your old computer to the new one quickly and effectively.
PCMover Professional and PCMover Ultimate are excellent solutions for transferring data across computers. Both pieces of software do the same thing, but there are a few major distinctions. This article will evaluate the two versions and assist you in determining which is best for you.
PCMover Ultimate vs Professional: What’s the Difference?
The following are the main differences between PCMover Ultimate and Professional:
- PCMover Ultimate includes a high-speed cable and safe erase, but PCMover Professional requires you to purchase the tools separately.
- The boxed version of PCMover Ultimate is available, while the download version of PCMover Professional is accessible.
- PCMover Ultimate features a few price options, but PCMover Pro has a lot more, including the ability to purchase it in bundles.
- PCMover Ultimate, unlike PCMover Professional, allows you to delete all of your data from your previous PC.
What is PCMover Ultimate, and how does it work?
PCMover Ultimate is a flexible and powerful program that transfers all of your apps, files, settings, and user profiles from your old PC to your new one instantly. You don’t have to look for old CDs, registration codes, or serial numbers since the applications from the previous PC are automatically transferred to the new PC.
PCMover Ultimate is a program that allows you to migrate or restore your computer without losing any data. It runs on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7, and is compatible with all versions of the operating system.
You may transfer or restore your PC to a new PC using PCMover Ultimate without losing anything, even if the old and new machines are running different versions of Windows.
Transferring files from an old PC to a new one is a straightforward procedure. There are simply three stages to it: Install the program, connect the PCs, then transfer your files by clicking “transfer.”
Before you begin, check sure you have completed any Windows updates to ensure a seamless transfer. After installing this program, your new computer will have everything on your old computer within a few hours.
PCMover Ultimate has the following features:
- Transfer choices abound – When it comes to moving information across devices, you have a lot of alternatives. Using a USB cable, Ethernet cable, portable media, or wired or wireless network transfers are just a few examples.
- Simple wizard interface – The program has a simple wizard design, so all you have to do to get your files transferring is click through the simple interface.
- Moving specific apps – PCMover Ultimate allows you to pick which applications and in what sequence you want them to be transferred to your new PC.
- Complete migration — With the program, you can relocate all of your favorite apps, files, and settings in one simple step.
- Undo feature – You may instantly reverse migration using PCMover Ultimate’s easy “undo” option.
- PCMover Ultimate enables Image Assistant migration for transferring data from an old hard disk or mounted image.
- SMS Alerts — Once you’ve set up your PCs for data migration and are ready to get started, you may enable the SMS Alert function to get migration status updates.
- When you’ve completed setting up your PCs, use the PC-Sync tool to automatically sync files and folders.
- Auto-connect function — This feature allows your computer to detect and connect to other computers nearby.
Pricing Plans for PCMover Ultimate
PCMover Ultimate comes in a physical box with a SafeErase and a high-speed transfer connection from Laplink. The most basic bundle will set you back $59.95. However, if you need the basic package plus additional utilities, you will be charged as follows:
- $69.95 for physical + USB 3.0
- Thunderbolt plus physical $69.95 –
PCMover Ultimate’s Advantages
- The program is simple to use and can transfer your information in as little as a few hours, saving you a significant amount of time.
- The undo tool in PCMover Ultimate allows you to undo any changes you’ve made to your computer or a particular selection.
- With a single click of a button, you may transfer all of your important files at once.
- You can keep track of the transfer process with the SMS alert tool, and you may focus on other chores while you wait for it to finish.
- Different versions of Windows are supported by the app.
PCMover Ultimate’s drawbacks
- You can’t move data from one machine running a new operating system to another running an older operating system. You can’t move data from Windows 10 to Windows 7, for example.
- When utilizing the included Ethernet cable, several customers encountered connection issues.
What is PCMover Professional, and how does it work?
PCMover Professional is a powerful migration application that can move documents, settings, and pre-installed programs from one computer to another. It can run on practically any version of Windows, however downgrading is not possible. It can execute “in-place” migrations, making it simple to move data across OS versions that you can’t update.
PCMover Professional makes switching from an old to a new computer simple. You may also use it to recover all of the data from a broken PC if you have a recent hard disk backup or the ability to read the information.
PCMover Professional, a program that transfers applications, data, settings, and even users in ten clicks or fewer, is recommended by Intel and Microsoft. Connect the old and new computers to the same network and install the software on both of them to utilize PCMover Pro. Then, under ‘Transfer between PCs,’ choose ‘Transfer between PCs’ and follow the on-screen instructions.
PCMover Professional has the following features:
- Install PCMover Professional on both of your computers, then utilize the wizard to transfer all of the data you want to keep on your new computer.
- PCMover offers a “undo” feature that allows you to rapidly undo any modifications you’ve made to your new desktop.
- Complete selectivity — When you move to a new computer, you may take all of your applications, files, and folders with you. PCMover will install those applications on your new computer and make them ready to use.
- Supports a variety of transfer situations — With this program, you may move your old computer to a new one, upgrade your old hard drive, or do a clean install from Windows XP.
- Auto-connect — The program searches for and locates all of your computers, then connects them using the quickest available connection.
- Set it and forget it — With PCMover Professional, you can go about your business while the transfer takes place in the background. All you have to do is setup it, click to start the transfer, and it will take care of the rest.
- Free transfer support – With the aid of a professional PC migration specialist, you can effortlessly set up your new PC remotely or over the phone. This service is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is completely free.
Pricing Plans for PCMover Professional
You may either buy actual software or download it and then install it on your computer later. Purchasing the software in bundles is also an option, and it may help you save money in the long run. PCMover Professional comes in a variety of price options, as listed below.
- $59.95 for download
- $59.95 (physical plus cable)
- Physical – $69.95 (with USB 3.0 cable).
- $69.95 (including thunderbolt cable).
- $230 for a 5-pack
- $420 for a ten-pack
- $900 for a 25-pack
PCMover Professional’s Advantages
- PCMover Pro makes PC transfers simple, whether you wish to transfer files directly or migrate across user accounts. It also makes the procedure easier by moving files straight from an old PC to a new one or by doing a simple file-based transfer.
- The user-friendly interface of PCMover Pro guides you through each stage of the process. You may use a network, a Laplink Ethernet connection, or a Laplink USB cable to connect to your PCs.
- By transferring your files, apps, settings, and user accounts, this software may save you time and hassles.
- PCMover Pro can reverse a file transfer on the new machine if anything goes wrong during the transfer. Your old computer will not be affected by the transfer, so you may continue to use it.
- PCMover Pro migrates all existing files, folders, and settings from an old computer or operating system to a new computer or operating system.
PCMover Professional’s drawbacks
- Anti-virus and anti-spyware products are not transferred using PCMover Professional. On both the old and new PCs, you must disable and reactivate these apps.
- Because Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7, the program may be obsolete.
What You Should Know About PCMover Ultimate vs. PCMover Professional When Using Either Software
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) – Music files and apps that need a hardware fingerprint to activate may need to be deactivated on the old PC and reactivated on the new PC.
- Compatibility – Some apps may not be compatible once you update your operating system.
- Before migrating using PCMover, make sure you have all of your Windows updates installed (including.NET).
- Serial numbers – Your serial numbers are exclusive to your PCMover edition and will not function with other versions. PCMover Ultimate serial numbers, for example, will not function with PCMover Professional.
- PCMover should not be used to migrate from a newer operating system to an older one, since this may cause your system to become unstable.
- Hardware drivers – Some hardware drivers may not be transferred to your new PC through PCMover.
- Copy protection – Deactivate your old computer’s applications before transferring them to the new one, then activate them using the new PC’s original key or serial number.
- Anti-virus and anti-spyware software — PCMover will not move your anti-virus or anti-spyware software.
- End-user contracts – It is your obligation to obey the end-user licensing agreement when relocating an application.
PCMover Ultimate and PCMover Professional Frequently Asked Questions
What Is PCMover Pro and How Does It Work?
Answer: PCMover Professional works by assisting you in moving your PC and all of your data over a network, using either a USB connection or an Ethernet cable from Laplink. If you have many users, this tool also allows you to relocate only portion of your information. All of your apps, data, and settings will be moved to the “New PC” in this situation.
How long does it take PCMover to transfer and install my data?
Answer: You may transfer your data in a few minutes or hours after downloading, installing, and running PCMover. The quantity of data to move, the speed of the drives at each site, and the connection technique used all influence the time it takes to transmit.
What is the maximum number of times I may use PCMover Ultimate?
Answer: PCMover Ultimate can only be used once. You cannot reinstall it after using it to migrate your data on one computer. It would be a breach of the license agreement to do so. You’ll need to purchase an extra license to make it function on a new machine.
Will PCMover Pro be able to transfer my user accounts?
Answer: PCMover Professional moves your computer from one location to another without losing any data. It can transfer data between computers via a network, using a Laplink USB connection, or via a Laplink Ethernet cable. You may also move each user account to your new computer separately, ensuring that all security information is preserved.
Is PCMover Interfering With My Data While It Is Being Transferred?
PCMover moves your data from your old computer to a new one without altering or destroying any of your existing data. This is necessary so that you have a backup of your old data in case anything goes wrong, but PCMover also ensures that there will be no difficulties with your old data. Furthermore, having a backup of all of your data is critical.
If your computer is old and sluggish, you may want to consider upgrading to a new one and moving your data to it. PCMover Ultimate and PCMover Professional from Laplink are two top-of-the-line solutions for moving data from one device to another. These applications are comparable in that they provide a full and comprehensive solution for data transmission.
If you aren’t on a budget, PCMover Ultimate is a better buy than PCMover Professional. While PCMover Professional is still beneficial for sophisticated users, PCMover Ultimate is ideal for saving money when transferring data between PCs.
I would pick PCMover Professional over the other since it is available in soft copy and would perform the job well and provide greater value for money.
Watch This Video-
PCmover Ultimate vs Professional: What’s the Difference?. PCmover is a tool that allows users to migrate their PCs or Macs to another computer. The two versions of PCmover are: “PCmover Ultimate” and “pcmover Professional”. Whats the difference between these two versions? Reference: pcmover professional download.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many times can you use PCmover ultimate?
A: PCMover ultimate can be used 10 times before it needs a new activation code.
Does PCmover professional work?
A: Yes, PCmover Professional is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
Does PCmover copy or move files?
A: PCmover only moves files.
- pcmover free
- pcmover reviews
- laplink pcmover ultimate 11 reviews
- laplink pcmover free download
- laplink pcmover ultimate download